MCMURRAY FINISHES 22ND AT RICHMOND
Results (starting pos.) from the Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway
1. (4) Clint Bowyer, No. 15 Toyota
20. (24) Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Target Chevrolet
22. (26) Jamie McMurray, No. 1 Bass Pro Shops/Allstate Chevrolet
Bass Pro Shops Team Finishes Richmond in 22nd-Place
RICHMOND, Va. (September 8, 2012) – Richmond International Raceway was once again host to the final event before the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup. Warm afternoon temperatures gave way to evening showers that would delay the start of the Federated Auto Parts 400. The race was also slowed by one red flag and a caution for rain. Jamie McMurray would eventually bring the Bass Pro Shops Chevy home in the 22nd-position in the early morning hours on Sunday.
After a nearly two hour delayed start to the Federated Auto Parts 400, Jamie McMurray would get off to a quick start in the Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet. McMurray was pleased with the handling on his car until the competition caution on lap 40. After the adjustments on the first pit stop he felt that the car changed quite a lot. The Bass Pro Shops crew continued to make adjustments following a red flag delay that lasted almost an hour. McMurray would eventually bring the No. 1 Chevrolet home with a 22nd-place finish.
”We started out pretty good”, said McMurray. “We chased the handling on our Bass Pro Shops Chevy tonight after the competition caution. Following the red-flag, I felt that we got the car better, we just didn't have time to make-up the ground we lost.”
- McMurray and car owner Chip Ganassi joined Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney for a private meet and greet Saturday prior to the start of the Federated Auto Parts 400
- The start of Saturday night’s race was delayed nearly 2 hours for rain
- This was the final race before the Chase begins. Only 10 races remain in the 2012 season
- McMurray dropped one position in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings to 20th-place
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will head to Chicagoland Speedway next weekend for the GEICO 400. The race will air live on ESPN and radio stations affiliated with MRN on Sunday, September 16 at 1:00 pm ET.