LIFTMASTER® TEAM FINISHES 26TH AT LOUDON
Results (starting pos.) from the Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
1. (32) Denny Hamlin, No. 11 Toyota
22. (24) Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Energizer Chevrolet
26. (29) Jamie McMurray, No. 1 LiftMaster® Chevrolet
LOUDON, NH (Sept. 23, 2012) – The No. 1 team sported the LiftMaster® colors as the primary sponsor at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, for the second race in the 2012 Chase to the Sprint Cup. Jamie McMurray started from the 29th-position in the LiftMaster® Chevrolet and came home with a 26th-place finish.
After rolling off from the 29th starting position, McMurray battled with a very loose handling race car in the early stages of the race. Crew chief Kevin “Bono” Manion would call for some aggressive adjustments under the competition caution on the first pit stop of the day. The No. 1 crew continued to make fast pit stops throughout the day trying to find the right balance on the LiftMaster® Chevy. Unfortunately the caution flag would wave right after pitting on two different occasions catching the team a lap down to the leaders. McMurray was unable to overcome the deficit and would bring the LiftMaster® Chevy home two laps down in the 26th position.
”Let me start by saying, it was great to have LiftMaster on board as the primary sponsor with us this weekend at New Hampshire”, said McMurray, following the race. “We worked with the handling on our car all day and were actually running competitive lap times with some of the cars up front, however we just couldn't overcome the track position to make any gains on the track.”
- LiftMaster® who has been an associate partner on the No. 1 team since 2011, was the primary sponsor on the No. 1 at Loudon
- McMurray’s best career finish at New Hampshire Motor Speedway came in September 2010 when he finished in the third-postion
- McMurray is currently 20th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will head to Dover International Speedway this weekend for the AAA 400. The race will air live on ESPN and radio stations affiliated with MRN on Sunday, Sept. 30 at 2 p.m. ET.