15TH PLACE FINISH FOR BASS PRO SHOPS AT KANSAS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Media Contacts
Jeff Dowling No. 1 Bass Pro Shops/Arctic Cat Chevrolet
Results (starting pos.) from the Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway
1. (12) Matt Kenseth, No. 17 Ford
15. (21) Jamie McMurray, No. 1 Bass Pro Shops/Arctic Cat Chevrolet
16. (24) Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Taylor Swift/Target Chevrolet
15th-Place Finish for Bass Pro Shops Team at Kansas
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (Oct. 21, 2012) – NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) teams headed to the Heartland and Kansas Speedway for the Hollywood Casino 400. The race weekend included two extra days of testing on the newly repaved and reconfigured 1.5-mile oval. The new surface proved to be very fast as each driver who qualified posted a lap faster than the previous track record. The Bass Pro Shops/Arctic Cat Chevrolet qualified in the 21st-postion and brought home a 15th-place finish.
The No.1 team started the race strong, advancing several positions in the early going. However the resolve of the Bass Pro Shops team would be tested as McMurray reported a vibration on the car and was forced to pit early. In the process, he lost two laps as the caution came out just five laps after pitting. The Bass Pro Shops team took advantage of solid pit work over 14 cautions, getting back on the lead lap en route to a15th-place finish.
”Our guys worked really hard today on this Bass Pro Shops team”, commented McMurray following the race. “We were forced to short pit early and got caught two laps down when the caution came out. Our guys thrashed and never gave up. We got position back on the lead lap and just battled through all the cautions to bring home a 15th-place finish.”
• Over the Kansas race weekend Jamie McMurray announced that his foundation will donate trees and shrubs to Habitat for Humanity in his hometown Joplin, MO as part of the Governor’s Joplin Challenge
• McMurray met with 25 cancer survivors on Sunday at the Team Chevy trackside display as part of breast cancer awareness month
• McMurray remains 20th in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will return to Martinsville Speedway next weekend for the Tums Fast Relief 500. The race will air live on ESPN and radio stations affiliated with MRN on Sunday, Oct. 21 at 1:30 p.m. EDT.