MONTOYA FINISHES 16TH AT KANSAS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates Media Contacts
Shayna Keller No. 42 Taylor Swift/ Target Chevrolet
Results (starting pos.) from the Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway
1. (12) Matt Kenseth, No. 17 Ford
15. (21) Jamie McMurray, No. 1 Bass Pro Shops/ Arctic Cat Chevrolet
16. (24) Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Taylor Swift/ Target Chevrolet
16th-Place Finish for the Taylor Swift/ Target Team at Kansas
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (Oct. 21, 2012) – The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series made their way to Kansas Speedway over the weekend. It marked the first time all 43 teams got a chance to race on the newly repaved track and it was action packed. The race experienced a record 14 caution flags for 66 laps. Juan Pablo Montoya was able to avoid all of the on-track melee and drive the No. 42 Taylor Swift/Target Chevy to a 16th-place finish.
The No. 42 Chevy sported some new colors over the weekend as Taylor Swift’s album cover, “Red”, was prominently displayed on the car. Montoya and the Taylor Swift/Target Chevy qualified in the 24th position and were having a solid run until a flat tire occurred on lap 150. The tire forced the No. 42 to pit make an unexpected stop and fall one lap down. The team battled back and played on strategy to regain their lap back shortly after. Montoya maintained track position and avoided the numerous on-track incidents to finish the day in the 16th position.
“I’m proud of our Target team today,” Montoya remarked after the race. “The guys did a great job and we went through a lot these last few days with a brush against the wall in practice and then a flat tire during the race. Overall I was pretty happy with our car. What a crazy race that was. You never knew what to expect out there; everyone was wrecking. We just tried to run a safe race and thankfully we were able to stay out of everyone else’s mess.”
- This marked the first race at Kansas Speedway on the newly paved surface. The race saw a record 14 caution flags.
- The face of Grammy-winning songstress, Taylor Swift was featured on the hood of the No. 42 Target Chevy this weekend to promote her new album, “Red” which is available at Target stores next week
- Only four races remain in the 2012 season
- Montoya remains 22nd in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series point standings
. Next up is Martinsville which will air live on ESPN and radio stations affiliated with MRN on Sunday, Oct. 28 at 1:30 p.m. ET.
For more information log onto: