GANASSI SHOWS UP STRONG AT DAYTONA
The GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series held two practice sessions today for the Roar Before the 24 at Daytona International Speedway (DIS).
Practice 1 Results
P1 No.02 Target/TELMEX Dinan-Prepared BMW (Dixon, Franchitti, McMurray, Hand) – 2:01.852 seconds
P2 No.10 Wayne Taylor Racing Corvette – 2:03.107 seconds
P3 No.99 Bob Stallings Racing Corvette – 2:03.260 seconds
P6 No. 01 TELMEX/Target Dinan-Prepared BMW (Pruett, Montoya, Rojas, Kimball) – 2:05.997 seconds
Practice 2 Results
P1 No.60 Michael Shank Racing Ford – 1:42.918 seconds
P2 No.01 TELMEX/Target Dinan-Prepared BMW (Pruett, Montoya, Rojas, Kimball) – 1:42.963 seconds
P3 No.02 Target/TELMEX Dinan-Prepared BMW (Dixon, Franchitti, McMurray, Hand) – 1:42.987 seconds
• The first session (1:45 hours) was run in wet conditions around the 3.56-mile, 12-turn speedway road course.
• The second practice was 2.5 hours in length and was dry at times, hence the faster lap times.
• In the morning session (and while on rain tires) Franchitti lost a rear tire but managed to keep the car out of the wall while in the highest-speed portion of the track in the 31-degree banking at DIS.
• Novo Nordisk Chip Ganassi Racing IZOD IndyCar Series driver Charlie Kimball did not run in Practice 1 as he had flu-like symptoms that kept him out of the car. He turned his first laps in the car in the second session.
• Daytona Prototype teams with have four practice sessions tomorrow (Saturday).
The Roar Before the 24 is a three-day testing session leading up to the 51st Rolex 24 At Daytona on January 28th, 2013 at DIS.
Follow us on Twitter @CGRTeams for up-to-the-minute updates throughout the weekend.