EGRFS DAY 1 DAYTONA PRESEASON THUNDER
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series held two practice sessions today to kick-off Daytona Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway (DIS).
Practice 1 Results
P1 Matt Kenseth, No. 20 Toyota – 46.691 seconds
P9 Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Target Chevrolet SS – 46.944 seconds
P17 Jamie McMurray, No. 1 McDonald’s Chevrolet SS – 47.058 seconds
Practice 2 Results
P1 Denny Hamlin, No. 11 Toyota – 45.986 seconds
P12 Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Target Chevrolet SS – 46.832 seconds
P15 Jamie McMurray, No. 1 McDonald’s Chevrolet SS – 46.876 seconds
• Today was the first of three days for Daytona Preseason Thunder testing in preparation for the Daytona 500 and the new “Gen 6” NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) cars
• Teams tested under mostly sunny skies, with temperatures in the mid-70’s in both sessions
• EGR teams worked on several different setups to get the drivers comfortable with the new car and only practiced in single car runs
• NSCS teams will have a total of four more practice sessions, two sessions Friday and Saturday, with Sunday being an optional rain date if needed
• Only four of the 34 teams at today’s test ran in drafting practice today. The remaining teams chose to just perform single car runs
• Jamie McMurray and Juan Pablo Montoya participated in the Preseason Thunder FanFest this evening in the Sprint Fan Zone and DIS. The annual pre-season fan event is centered around the excitement of the first test session of the new season
The 55th Annual running of the Daytona 500 will take place on February 24, 2013 the Great American Race will air LIVE on FOX (1:00 PM ET).
Follow us on Twitter @EGRTeams for up-to-the-minute updates throughout the weekend.