BREAKING DOWN THE ALL-STAR RACE
The NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race is a race open to:
• Race winners (either as a driver or a car owner) from the previous season as well as the current season
• The past ten event winners and
• The past decade's Cup Series champions
• Drivers are also eligible if they are one of the top two finishers in the Sprint Showdown qualifying race (a 40-lap race in two 20-lap segments for drivers not qualified for the main event)
• Or remain on the lead lap in the Sprint Showdown and get the most votes in a fan vote
The winner of the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race receives $1,000,000 with each segment winner receiving a bonus prize.
The race has a unique format, which changes frequently. The current format consists of a 50-lap segment with a mandatory 4-tire green flag pit stop on lap 25, two 20-lap segments, a 10-minute break, and a 10-lap shootout to determine the winner.