For the fifth consecutive year a group of U.S. based non-profit organizations working for Colombia will get together to host BeLive 2011.
Formula Smiles, a foundation created by Juan Pablo Montoya and wife Connie Freydell, will be one of the organizations represented in the fifth annual BeLive gala next week in Miami. The BeLive gala will take place on Thursday, November 17 at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach. BeLive is also joined by three important Colombian non-profit organizations, based in the U.S.: Give to Colombia, Genesis Foundation and ArtNexus Foundation, which have joined forces to raise much-needed funds and create awareness within the international community of the dire social needs in Colombia. BeLive will have a spectacular concert, cocktails, sumptuous dinner, live entertainment, fun fashion show and much more.
Information about the Gala:
• Sofia Vergara will co-chair this year’s event. Sofia has been nominated for two Emmy and Golden Globe awards for her role in the ABC series “Modern Family”.
• Internationally renowned and Latin Grammy award winner Fonseca will perform.
• BeLive will feature personalities such as Raul de Molina, Ilia Calderon, Rodner Figueroa, Jorge Bernal, Vanessa Hauc, Kika Rocha, Catherine Siachoque and Miguel Varoni. In addition, making a special appearance this year will be Felix Sabates and Chip Ganassi, owners of Earnhardt Ganassi Racing Team (EGR), Food Network's Simply Delicoso star Ingrid Hoffman and fashion and style icon Lauren Santo Domingo. Furthermore, BeLive welcomes NASCAR drivers Juan Pablo Montoya, Jimmie Johnson, Brian Vickers and Danica Patrick to the event.
• In addition to this long list of celebrities, the evening will be filled with fashion surprises. Lauren Santo Domingo, Contributing Editor for Vogue and Co-Founder and Creative Director for Moda Operandi, will be spearheading both the Mochila Wayuu Project and the sensational fashion show, produced by The Webster. The Mochila Wayuu Project will once again take 40 hand-woven Mochilas, created by the Wayuu community in Guajira, and they will be reworked by some of the world's most prominent fashion designers, including Yves Saint Laurent, Givenchy, Christian Dior, Christian Louboutin, Herve Leger, Helmut Lang, Adolfo Dominguez, Theskeyns Theory, and many more. The fashion show will showcase a spectacular surprise collection on the runway. The Webster, a 20,000 sq.-ft. multi-brand fashion boutique, is an international fashion mecca for the very best in luxury retail and service, carrying men's, women's RTW, sportswear and luxury accessories including shoes, handbags, jewelry and vintage watches.
• BeLive is also excited to welcome internationally celebrated and beloved Food Network star Ingrid Hoffmann. Ingrid will be creating sumptuous signature BeLive cocktails for the guests upon their arrival. Ingrid has become one of the most beloved U.S. television stars with her successful cooking and lifestyle show, Delicioso, through the Spanish-language network Telefutura/Univision, One Minute Delicioso, on Galavision, and Simply Delicioso on the Food Network and The Cooking Channel.