LARSON PROMOTES @EGRTEAMS AT MICHIGAN
Earnhardt Ganassi Racing Drives Social Media Engagement with ARCA Entry
Kyle Larson Promotes Team’s Social Media Platforms during ARCA Debut at Michigan International Speedway
CONCORD, N.C. (June 13, 2012) – Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (EGR) announced today that developmental driver Kyle Larson will make his ARCA Racing Series debut at Michigan International Speedway on Friday, June 15, with a unique paint scheme aimed to drive awareness toward the team’s social media engagement. The 19-year-old will race the No. 6 Eddie Sharp Racing entry branded by EGR social and digital media assets, including: @EGRTeams, EarnhardtGanassi.com and the Chip Ganassi Racing Teams mobile application.
This is the first time the team will use car branding to prominently support social media initiatives, encouraging fans to engage with them real-time during ARCA’s RainEater Wiper Blades 200. Larson, who was announced as a developmental driver for EGR in February, will make his first appearance in the ARCA Racing Series fresh off his first NASCAR K&N Pro Series East win on Saturday, June 9 at Gresham Motorsports Park.
The ARCA race at Michigan International Speedway will be broadcast live on Friday, June 15 (5:00 p.m. ET on SPEED).
Notes of Interest
Larson is One to Watch: The Elk Grove, Calif. native took the racing world by storm in 2011 – his first season competing on the national racing scene. Larson captured 22 major professional feature wins, including victories in the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series (WoO), all three United States Auto Club (USAC) National Divisions and the American Sprint Car Series (ASCS). Larson gained international notoriety last fall by sweeping the 4-Crown Nationals at Eldora Speedway – winning in Midgets, Sprint Cars and Silver Crown cars in the same night.
Drive for Diversity: Larson, who is Japanese American, also participates in the 2012 NASCAR Drive for Diversity program for Rev Racing in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East. Fans can stay up-to-date on his schedule and results by following Larson and the team on Twitter at @EGRTeams and @KyleLarsonRacin and on Facebook at Kyle Larson Racing.
Kyle Larson Highlights:
• Won first NASCAR K&N Pro Series East race at Gresham Motorsports Park during rookie season
• Won 2012 Pete Orr Memorial at New Smyrna Speedway in his first race in a Super Late Model Stock Car on asphalt
• In 2011, competed in over 90 races, and won in six different types of race cars – Midget, Pavement Midget, Wing Sprint, Non Wing Sprint, 360 Wing Sprint and Silver Crown
• 22 total A-main victories in 2011
• In 2011, became the first driver to win a WoO race and score victories in all three USAC division in the same season
• 2011 Belleville Midget Nationals Winner
• 2011 WoO Sprint Car Series Gold Cup Winner
• Finished third in the 2012 Chili Bowl among 260 entrants
• Earned four USAC National Midget Victories in 2011
• Won two USAC National Sprint Car events in 2011
• Earned two USAC Silver Crown Victories in 2011
• 2010 Golden State Challenge 410 Sprint Car Champion
• 2010 Tulsa Shootout Winner