TARGET TEAM 25TH AT THE 'MAGIC MILE'
Results (starting pos.) from the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
1. (2) Kasey Kahne, No. 5 Chevrolet
20. (28) Jamie McMurray, No. 1 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet
25. (31) Juan Pablo Montoya, No. 42 Degree Men Chevrolet
Target Team Finish 25th at the “Magic Mile”
LOUDON, NH (July 15, 2012) –The No. 42 team carried some new colors over the weekend as they sported the Degree Men paint scheme for the Lenox Industrial Tools 301 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Juan Pablo Montoya started the race in the 31st position and battled with handling throughout the day to cross the finish line in the 25th position.
Lining up in the 31st position on the starting grid, the No. 42 Degree Men team focused on getting Montoya up to the front when the green flag waved. Unfortunately it became apparent almost immediately that the handling was going to hinder a charge to the front. Adding to that, long green flag runs were predominate during the first half of the race so adjustments to the car were limited. Montoya and the team battled it out despite the handling woes and crossed the finish line in the 25th position.
“To tell you the truth today was rough,” Montoya remarked. “We struggled all weekend with the handling and we hoped we had figured something out for the race but it was still off. I had hoped to have a good run for Degree Men. It’s frustrating but we’ll move on and try to get things turned around for Indy.”
- The NSCS has hit the halfway mark of the 2012 season
- ESPN will pick up the TV broadcast for the remainder of the year
- Teams will have next week off and will return to racing at Indy on July 29
- Montoya remains 21st in the point standings; 161 out of the Chase for the Sprint Cup
The NSCS will enjoy a weekend off before returning for a 17-week stretch of racing. Next up will be the Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday, July 29. The race will air live on ABC and IMS radio stations at 1:00 p.m. ET.